- Playing sic bo at online casinos
- Bets and payouts
- Tips for online sic bo players
- Have fun!
It takes just a few minutes to learn to play online sic bo, and only a few tries — to win real money. Sic Bo is an old dice game from Chinese culture. But it’s available at all online casinos, including Mauritian. In this article, we recommend you the best online sic bo casino sites in Mauritius and teach you how to play the dice game. Read it till the end to learn all the tips.
Playing sic bo at online casinos
Sic bo is played with three dice unlike a popular dice game — craps. It’s the distinctive feature of the Chinese game. And there’s nothing difficult in learning to play sic bo. It will take you a few minutes to understand the rules. We’ll try to explain them to you as easily as possible.
At online casinos, sic bo is played on a table with 3 dice. It can be a table with a live dealer or an RNG version where you play against a computer.
The table contains a layout with betting options. To start, you should place a bet on one of them. Once all bets are placed, the dice are put in a cylinder and shaken very well. In a moment, the game reveals the results and terms the winning spots on the table. If you have bet on any of them, you get paid according to the paytable.
Here’s how you can win money in sic bo in three easy steps:
- Take chips and put them on spots you think will win. You can place multiple wagers but watch your budget. When playing online, click on chips and move them to the table.
- Roll the dice by clicking the roll button. Or if you’re playing live sic bo, the dealer will roll the dice and show the result.
- Collect your money if you placed a winning bet. If not, you lose your bet. But the next bet you place can be a winning one.
Bets and payouts
The payout depends on the bets you place. During one round, you guess the result of each dice roll. The total of three dice determines whether you earn money or lose. Here are the betting options available at all sic bo games:
- Small and big bets. All small stakes are under 10, and big bets come from 11 to 17. When you place small bets, you will win between 4 and 10 and lose when the dice total 3 or between 11 and 17. The same is true with big bets: you win when the dice total is between 11 and 17 and lose when the result gets below 11 or above 17. The payout of big and small options is 1:1.
- Even and odd bets. As easy as ABC, if you place on even bets, you win when the dice total equals an even number and lose when it’s odd. And reversely. The payout is also 1:1.
- Total of all dice. The risk is higher when you place a bet on an individual number totaled from all dice. So is the payout. If you guess the winning number, you can win up to 50x your bet.
- Triple bets pay 24:1. Bet on any triple combination of numbers such as 111, 333, or 555 to win. But it’s pretty difficult to make such a result from a single dice roll.
- Double bets pay 8:1. By placing this bet, you guess that at least 2 numbers will be identical like 44 or 22.
- Independent number bets pay from 1:1 to 3:1. It depends on how many times your selected number appears within a single dice roll. For example, if you bet on 2, it can show up on 1, 2, or all 3 dice.
- The biggest payout of 150:1 can come from a specific triple bet. You can specify what triple number you think will win. For example, you can select 5 and if all three dice show 5, you win the maximum.
- Similarly, you can specify which numbers will appear on at least two dice. It’s called a two-dice combo. If two of three dice roll your chosen numbers, you’re paid 5:1.
Tips for online sic bo players
You can use various betting strategies to play at an online sic bo casino. Some classic strategies will help you enjoy the process and stick to your bankroll. But below, we’d like to give you more tips on how to increase your odds of winning in sic bo every time you play:
- Play free sic bo to practice. If you are a beginner or you’re a professional gambler and you decide to test some strategy, start with a free version of sic bo. Try different bets, create unique betting combinations based on your experience, make note of the best betting options, and so on. And as soon as you’re ready to play for real, go to the real money version or play live sic bo.
- Start with a lower risk. All risky bets like a triple bet and a double bet can discourage you because they don’t appear often. So when you’re warming up to the gameplay, place simple bets like even and odds or small and big bets. They are more likely to roll.
- Choose low house edge wagers. First of all, sic bo is based on chance. So it’s best to place low house edge stakes like big and small or odd and even. Their house edge comes between 2% and 3%. All riskier bets have a huge house edge of about 10% - 30%.
- Avoid contradicting bets. For example, you can bet on odds and a number 5 to give yourself more chances.
The last but not least tip is to have fun and really enjoy the process. Sic Bo is an entertaining game where you can change bets, try out different options, and more. Learn to play it and come there for fun and money!